Ayurveda Tips for Healthy & Merry Christmas
Christmas is nearly here.
Thought of sharing a few tips to make this festive season even more enjoyable.
- Ayurveda strongly states that the
root cause of all illnesses is improper digestion. This is mainly because the
partially digested particles remain in the system as toxic substances known as
ama, which clogs our physical and mental channels functioning in the body.
- When energy levels are low, it
is tempting to snack on chocolates, biscuits, cakes or sweets that seem to be
so abundant over Christmas. Although this self-medicating energy boost can be
very tempting, a bit of moderation is recommended. Overeating could create
digestive issues,weakening of the digestive fire and leading to create toxins or
Ama and gaining weight.
- Stop eating before you are full.
- As there are often so many
festive delights on offer over Christmas, it may be hard to follow rules at all
times. But it is very important that you always eat according to your hunger
- Drinking hot/lukewarm water is
the classic Ayurvedic remedy for eliminating the toxic substances in your body
and can make you feel light.Ginger tea /lemon tea helps with any digestive
issues.Mulled wine is considered to have medicinal benefits especially of you
have a bit of cold and cough.
- Try avoiding alcoholic beverages
and even if you are forced to have it, know your limits to evade any problems.
- A minimum of thirty minutes daily exercise
will not only keep off the extra pounds, but will improve your Agni (digestive
- Something as simple as a short walk after a meal is a great way to aid
Relax and Unwind:
- Think positive: ‘The Science of life’ or Ayurveda is a realistic science that recommends positive thinking.
- Coping with pressures of modern life, you
may be suffering from stress, depression or anxiety which could lead to even
more serious health problems.
- Spending some quality time for YOU is more
important than anything else as you can share the sense of real happiness and
celebration only when your mind is stable and serene.
- Practicing the art of meditation along
with use of essential oils for an ayurvedic massage
or aromatherapy can grant you mental wellness this Christmas season.
- Make it a habit to practice Pranayama,
the art of balanced breathing for enhancing the quality of your life,
strengthening the mental power.
- Early to bed and early to rise is the
principle behind a successful life as a good night’s sleep promises a
refreshing start to the following day.
- The best way to blow away your fatigue,
stress and tiredness due to your busy Christmas schedule is to get a good night
- Ayurveda suggests the intake of dinner
before 7:00 PM and going to bed before 10 PM, helping you to relax your
muscles, soothe your senses and assist other vital functions of the body.
Hope you try and follow these simple tips and enjoy the Christmas season !!!
Just in case you don't, We’ll help you get those extra kilo’s off in
the New Year.
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous new Year!!!